The Royal Couch Potato

Discussing everything remotely related to television.

11:59 PM

My TV Tantrum

Posted by Scrapsies |


1. Repition

EVERY YEAR they ALWAYS HAVE 'The Santa Clause" with Tim Allen on tv. EVER SINCE IT CAME OUT!
I'm not saying it's a bad movie, it sure trumps something like, Material Girls, but they've gotta have some new stuff! I mean, that film was made in 1994 people!
I wonder if the US is having the same problem. I guess this can be considered as a treat for families with small kids who swear Santa exists.

"Ho ho ho" Don't you just want to send his fake tanned face back to the north pole?


They always air Sergeant Bilko, twice every year. I practically know the story off by heart. Again, Bilko isn't that bad. Veiwers are left with the feeling of:
"I don't know why I'm watching this, I'm quite ashamed, but I just can't ignore the funny/lame jokes!"


2. Christmas

What's the point with these festive films? Does it really raise the ratings? It's everywhere these days, even the ads on tv are like
"JOLLY JOLLY JOLLY, GET DOWN HERE AND CHECK OUT OUR CHRISTMAS SPECIALS!YOU MAY EVEN GET TO STROKE SANTA'S BEARD!"
"TAKE A PHOTO WITH SANTA FOR FREE!"
"FOR THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS GIFT BUY *insert product*"

I know christmas is approaching! I don't have to be reminded constantly, seriously, all this Christmas stuff is an overdose!

3. Boring Commercials

Welcome to the new age people! Commercials don't have to be boring! I've seen some pretty inventive ones out there. Must say Mc Donald (Maccas) adverts aren't the best for children but I love their creativity. [note: I don't know what they're like in the US though]
BUT the worst adverts are the unproffesional ones that don't even have voice over in them. It's like an assignment you whacked up the day before the due date. =_=
Then there are those classic commercials where some boring guy gives a highschool-styled speech with a droning voice and everything's forgotten as soon as the next ads on.

I've rambled on for long enough and my sore throat has gotten the better of me...for now,
<3 Peace out couch snugglers - I'll leave you with this awesome commercial.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love that song in that commercial!

And-hey! I love those Santa Clause movies!

Leesha said...

Christmas ROCKS Kellie. And all the festive stuff rocks too! It makes everyone FESTIVE and therefore happy and joyful. You oddball start partying! Christmas is AWESOME fun. Just have to let yourself go with it! :D

Anonymous said...

We saw A Christmas Story-the play yesterday-SO CUTE!

Kelsey said...

Hi!
I just saw that you added me to your bloglist so I wanted to come and say thank you. You're my age - nice to meet someone else like me!

I agree with you on the Tim Allen Christmas movie, personally I can't stand it. I do however love The Grinch and a few other Christmas movies lol.

Subscribe